- The campaign will be set in the city of Sandpoint. The Rise of the Ruinlords players guide goes into more depth on Sandpoint, and some of its NPC’s
- Sandpoint is starting with a mostly blank background.
- The RoR players guide lists some backgroud
- An intrepid group of adventurers, now called the “Legendary Five,” undertook several heroic endeavors. They fought off a goblin army, took care of an infamous murderer in Magnimar, and defended Sandpoint against an invasion of giants.
- In game terms, the “Legendary Five” are characters retired from adventuring; with abilities in line with a 5th level character.
- Events dealing with Karzog and Runes never happened, neither does story events from other adventure paths or modules.
- The story of Sandpoint will be written by the GM’s and the actions of the characters. The future is wide open.
- There are several kinds of people in Sandpoint:
- Towns Folk: people who go about their daily lives an have no interest in adventuring. Some may have combat potential.
- Adventurers: these are people who make a living in some way through adventuring in, and around Sandpoint. Mostly, these are NPC’s who may interact with the party
- In the event that the player party is too small, Saoni, Harsk, Valeros, or Merisiel will be played by me to add to the group size.
- Legendary Five: these are famous NPC’s who live in Sandpoint. They are considered both adventurers and towns folk.
- Player Characters: the heroes of our adventure. Perhaps one day, they’ll be legends too.
- In-between sessions, few weeks to a month of down time is expected to happen in game time.
- after a session, players may give actions for their characters to undertake; or post reactions of their characters on the events of a recent scenario.